Official Show Off Your Site Thread

Chocolate570

Your resolution is 1024x768 right?Either way, it is infinetely better than the current one:http://www.haugesund-amcar-club.com/I hope? :)

Yes it is 1024x768.Better??? What do you mean...I think the current site is beautiful...it even has that cool frame thing going... :) ...:)lol of course yours is much better!!!

Yeah, so if you compare it to the previous, you can perhaps understand they want something simple, non-eyesore? That's what they told me anyway.I worked out from the logo:logo1.jpgwith color theme.Do you have any ideas for what I could do to make it less "bland"?

I think you need to do something about it breaking at a lower resolution.LG

*lowers screen resolution to 800x640*Psh, it looks fine! :)

Site Name: John Eva's WebsiteSite Description: Personal website about me and my intrestsSite Owner/Developer: MeSite Address: http://www.john-eva.co.ukExtra Comments: Its not totally finished yet but would like some feedback on it cheers and remember I have only been playing round with websites for about 8 months and only been using computers for about 14 months.

*lowers screen resolution to 800x640*Psh, it looks fine! :)

wow I would have to disagree, it looks terrible when viewed with 800x600 resolutionConsidering 1/5 of surfers use that res then i think it's important to accommodate them.

wow I would have to disagree, it looks terrible when viewed with 800x600 resolutionConsidering 1/5 of surfers use that res then i think it's important to accommodate them.

Are you guys looking at the same site as Jonas and I?It dont make any diffrence except it hides the end of the banner along the top when I resize it to 800*600I am not keen on the site as a whole really definatly the use of frames I hate frames, but I dont see hwta your talking about when you resize it, I even added the bookmarks window on the left and resized too 800*600 and nothing breaks as mentioned.

I think your looking at the current site, this is the new one were talking about: http://www.home.no/jvelde/hacc/

Ah right sound cheers fella.Doe! If only I had a brain. :) Yeah your both right it does go right gammy at 800*600 it does not look right at 1024*768 either I dont think.Also why is the nav links not setup as a list?As that is what navs are just a list of links, setting them up as a list makes the easyer to style as you wish aswell as being semantically correct. I see you like to use the <br /> tag for spacing too instead of giving things margins.I love the image on the bottom left. :)

wow I would have to disagree, it looks terrible when viewed with 800x600 resolution

Ok, that was sarcasm on my part. It looks terrible, I know... :)
Yeah your both right it does go right gammy at 800*600 it does not look right at 1024*768 either I dont think.Also why is the nav links not setup as a list?As that is what navs are just a list of links, setting them up as a list makes the easyer to style as you wish aswell as being semantically correct. I see you like to use the <br /> tag for spacing too instead of giving things margins.I love the image on the bottom left.    :)

It looks as it should in 1024x768. The reason for the navs not being set up as a list is that I won't be updating the site, my friend will, and he made that menu and what he wanted on it. Also the reason why I use transitional doctype as opposed to strict. His html skills are limited, and he says he doesn't bother going through all the trouble learning proper xhtml, because he doesn't see the value (he's more into cars, he doesn't have the passion for webcoding, only what we learned in IT). <br /> is indeed not the way I would have done it, even when not using lists. I'd rather go with something like:#menu a {line-height: 40px;}and one simple <br /> between each link. Or, like you say, margins could be applied. So, the content isn't all mine really. But as I develop the site further, I change errors he's made that are directly wrong, because I just can't help myself on them (quasi-perfectionist?).

Anyways is mine that bad nobody wants to tell me or something?Nobody has even mentioned it. :):)

Anyways is mine that bad nobody wants to tell me or something?Nobody has even mentioned it.  :blink::)

I was just getting to it now:First, nice logo. :)You want more? :)I think you should set the video file not to autoplay, but by choice, because normally, if I go to a site and can't see the source of noise, I take it for <bgsound> and close the website pretty darn soon.The validation buttons on the bottom should link to:http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%...hn-eva.co.uk%2Fandhttp://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validat...&usermedium=allfor direct validation.Nice code, structured and easy to read. I like your computer story a lot. That's really cool man. :blink:Overall, nice site.

Cheers matey I have made the alterations you mentioned ta.

You mean this one?

I have attached an image of a site I'm working on.Site Name: CodingTutsSite Description: Web tutorials site, will include forum, tutorials on many web programming languages, references...Site Owner/Developer: meSite Address: none yet but should be http://www.codingtuts.comExtra Comments: Created with CSS layout, only table on the site is used for displaying data clearly. Should use PHP and MySQL in order to store forum and all user comments, languages tags...What do you think about this one guys?I think it's pretty hot :) Maybe it's missing something in the banner and content background?

I like the way it looks, but I would really like to see the site itself, so it would be well if you could provide a working link to the pages themselves.

Typical I just tryed but got carnt find server it must be down for a min I will check againg in a short while but just off looking the attachment you have given it looks pretty cool. :)

Typical I just tryed but got carnt find server it must be down for a min I will check againg in a short while but just off looking the attachment you have given it looks pretty cool.
What address did you try? :) If you tried codingtuts.com it's normal it's not online. I didn't buy the domain name yet.I am unsure when CodingTuts will be online.... I'm currently not working on it. I think it would look awesome. I may continue this project later on... It's a lot of work though.Thanks guys :)

that site definatly stands out from the rest of the tutorial sites, the layout is nice and clean no in your face pictures and great colour scheme. top marksi'd recommend using www.atspace.com to host your site temporarily no ads etc loadsa space. i prefer to see working examples, but by going on what i can see the site is looking good.

that site definatly stands out from the rest of the tutorial sites, the layout is nice and clean no in your face pictures and great colour scheme. top marksi'd recommend using www.atspace.com to host your site temporarily no ads etc loadsa space. i prefer to see working examples, but by going on what i can see the site is looking good.

Hey thanks man! Yeah maybe if a lot of people like it I'll continue that project. I may put it on that atspace.com of yours.

Ah right yeah I did not read it properly I just clicked on the link asuming that would be your site. :)

I'll try to put it online soon.... It's hard to find a reference on all html elements. Some references are missing some tags but I want all of them and their compatibility with different browsers. I think I have most of them and my compatibility is pretty accurate. I can't be really sure about the compatibility since every site has different info about it...

I am not 100% sure what your saying there but design the site so it looks as you want it to in Firefox and then it is easy to make the adjutments need to get it to look the same in all browsers.It looks like a simple enough layout so you should not really be having any troubles.EDITI get what your saying now you mean the content for your site. :)Why what are you missing?

I am not 100% sure what your saying there but design the site so it looks as you want it to in Firefox and then it is easy to make the adjutments need to get it to look the same in all browsers.It looks like a simple enough layout so you should not really be having any troubles.EDITI get what your saying now you mean the content for your site.    :)Why whay are you missing?

Yes the content. I have a table that contains all the html elements and their compatibility with most used browsers.