How to remove shadow from bottom?

rain13

Hello.

I found example that works for me except that I need to remove shadow from bottom. How do I do that?

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><style> div {    width: 300px;    height: 100px;    background-color: yellow;    box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px rgba(1, 1, 1, 0.7);}</style></head><body><div></div></body></html>

Here's the reference for the box-shadow property: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_box-shadow.asp

If you want to have a shadow in every direction except the bottom then give it a negative vertical offset. If you want the shadow gone altogether, just remove the box-shadow rule.

Ok I've got a little closer to what I want but I still have question:How do I make shadow at sides to reach top and bottom?If you run this code you will see that that shadow at sides wont reach to top or bottom. Upper corners have no shadow. I tried to change vertical-offset, but then it causes shadow to appear at bottom.

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><style> a{    background-color: #FFF;    border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px !important;    position: relative;    font-size: 24px;}</style></head><body><a style="box-shadow: 5px 0px 5px -5px rgba(1, 1, 1, 0.7), -5px 0px 5px -5px rgba(1, 1, 1, 0.7),  0 -5px 5px -5px rgba(1, 1, 1, 0.7) ;" href="#">New Tab</a></body></html>

Create a box shadow evenly all-round, then use :after to create overlapping element that will have a background colour to match outer background colour

a.shadow_bottom_none{ background-color: #FFF; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; position: relative; font-size: 24px; box-shadow: 0 0 5px 0 rgba(1, 1, 1, 0.7); } a.shadow_bottom_none:after { background-color: lightgray; /* change to requirement */ bottom: -20px; content: ""; height: 20px; left: -20px; position: absolute; right: -20px; }
<a class="shadow_bottom_none" href="#">New Tab</a>