Use the KeyPress event to restrict user entry for date format

san1

HiI need to use the KeyPress eventto restrict date to MM/DD/YYYY format only. Here's my code:Private Sub txtDoj_KeyPress(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles txtDoj.KeyPressIf Not Char.IsDigit(e.KeyChar) And Not Char.IsControl(e.KeyChar) And Not e.KeyChar = "." Thene.Handled = TrueEnd IfI understand that this code allows numbers only. But I do not know how to modify this to allow date format only.Thanks in advance for helping me out.

That code is checking if each key is a digit, or a control character, or a period. You can change that to allow the characters you want, for example a slash instead of a period. I wouldn't use a keypress handler to check the format of the input though, I would probably use a blur handler so that you can check the format after they move away from the field (so that they are finished).

The code that I shared is all I have to fulfill this because it has to be with KeyPress and the rest of the code in the click event.

I just asked for more clarity, perhaps a code example to guide me in the right direction. If you are going to be so blunt for no reason then I dont need your help. Thanks