helping a newbie:)

Amazin

Hi everyone, this is my very first topic on here although I am no stranger when it comes to online forums. I can't seem to find a section for newbies on here so please don't get annoyed with me if this is not the right place to post!

I'm learning CSS atm.

To link CSS externally, you will need to use this:

<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mystyle.css"></head>

so my question is, why does it have to be in the "head" section? Can't I just use them wherever I need them? e.g. in the body section or title section.

also type="text/css"

whats that for? Just trying to understand the syntax of it thats all. Maybe I'm worried too much.

Thanks!

Styling can go into an external file, a section in the head, or inline. The best approach for a beginner is to put the style section in the head so that it can be moved to an external file if necessary. Inline styling should be kept to a minimum because it will be scattered through the HTML.

See...

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_howto.asp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I am a Graphic Designer and newbie to Website Designing. I have taken few chapters of HTML from W3 School and found it very easy and helpful. I want to learn the skills to develop a basic static site. So can anyone assist me what all the Language and software I need to learn to meet my objective.Thank you in advancePrince Jain

• 1 month later...

For a static site, you can get along with HTML.

Hi, I've just signed up to this forum and will likely be using W3Schools to learn more about web design. I am looking to start a career in web design. I would like some advice if you are not too busy.I appreciate that I can learn everything I need through online tutorials but I also want certificates/qualifications in the field so I will be more employable and have some structure to my learning. After talking to long distance learning companies and scouring the web, I am no clearer on where to start.Could anyone possibly recommend any courses I should look into or certificates I should work towards?

Thanks.

Yes, thanks. Do you know any certificate/course titles though? There are many and it is hard to tell which is relevant to web design specifically. Some are advanced and I'm looking for a good place to start. I am going to start a portfolio this week, that is good advice.