ssh2 CLI

Err

I'm trying to connect to a running terminal on my ubuntu server from my website (on the same server). I have installed ssh2 sshserver and a whole bunch of other stuff to get it to work. I basically followed this tutorial: http://kevin.vanzonneveld.net/techblog/article/make_ssh_connections_with_php/ After days of tweaking I finally got it to work. But there is a problem. I don't care about connecting to port 22. I want to connect to a game server terminal running on the ubuntu machine which uses a different port. I've tried looking this up but I'm overwhelmed by the things I read. Seems overly complicated for something seemingly easy. Changing the port gives me errors. I'm using PHP 5.3.6-13ubuntu3.3

What exactly is the error? Does the game server support the SSH protocol? SSH isn't a generic way to connect to any service on any port, it's a specific protocol like HTTP or FTP. If you just want to open a connection to an arbitrary port and send your own commands then you need to use a generic socket connection, not a specific SSH connection.

That was very helpful! Thanks for your input, it has pointed me the correct direction. I knew I was making it too hard.

Archived