Question On Button control

mfarrell

I was reluctant to get involved in this thread because my jQuery skills are limited, however you do not seem to be approaching this in a logical manner. For example, what are these two html files you are loading? You have not shown them to us. Have you tried loading simpler, smaller test files? Can you boil this down to a simple test-case where the code is so simple and small that you could show us all of it? Replace "heard_size.html" with a simpler, smaller file.

Most importantly it seems is that the OP should not be relying on their editor to give rendering / preview feedback that they should be getting from a browser instead. It seems they are relying on the "magic" this editor is providing rather than the "real" runtime environment the browser provides.

Forget what your editor is telling you, and focus instead on what the browser tells you. That is what the end user is going to be using anyway, might as well cut out the middleman.

I was reluctant to get involved in this thread because my jQuery skills are limited, however you do not seem to be approaching this in a logical manner. For example, what are these two html files you are loading? You have not shown them to us. Have you tried loading simpler, smaller test files? Can you boil this down to a simple test-case where the code is so simple and small that you could show us all of it? Replace "heard_size.html" with a simpler, smaller file.

one could substitute any html page for those listed in the code.

the issue is the dairy planner html loads....

the heard sizer does not, yet the alert does alert...so part of it is firing.

It may not be 'good' or 'proper', I may just wind up dumping all of it into a single document and formatting it

after I know the pieces work as desired.

However I was attempting to do this as neatly as possible from the start....in this case eloquence my die for effectiveness.

one could substitute any html page for those listed in the code.

But have you actually tried a different file or files?

the issue is the dairy planner html loads....

the heard sizer does not, yet the alert does alert...so part of it is firing..

So obviously there is something wrong with your heard_sizer.html file, right?