What the hack is this!?!?

L8V2L

post-172009-0-20010800-1398324695_thumb.pngI'm believe this to be... or better yet, guess it to be the layout of a predefine object in JavaScript:post-172009-0-20010800-1398324695_thumb.png--------------------------------Another-post-----------------------------------Okay I see, this: post-172009-0-20010800-1398324695_thumb.png is the object structure. cause of the fact I log it in the console as just the object name, it brought back the object structure(knowing that structure is not the correct term(feel free tell me as I make a guess or memorize one)) the prototype I believe that... or better yet guess that to be. The inherent structure of the object from JavaScript's define object. Edited by L8V2L

Y'ALL UPDATE THE SITE AND DON'T HAVE A THREAD ANNOUNCING SUCH THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------------------------------------Another post------------------------------------I HATE THE FACT THAT I CAN'T DELETE MY OWN THREADS!!!!!THIS IS A CONTRADICTION!!!Everything is an Object<~~~HERE A CONTRADICTION!In JavaScript almost everything is an object..<~~~HERE A CONTRADICTION!Even primitive data types (except null and undefined) can be treated as objects.•Booleans can be objects (or primitive data treated as objects)•Numbers can be objects (or primitive data treated as objects)<~~~HERE A CONTRADICTION!•Strings are also objects (or primitive data treated as objects)<~~~HERE A CONTRADICTION!•Dates are always objects•Maths and Regular Expressions are always objects•Arrays are always objects•Even functions are always objectsJavaScript ObjectsA JavaScript object is a complex variable, with properties and methods.The content of an object is composite: It can contain multiple property types (both primitive values and other objects).In JavaScript, all values except primitive values are objects.<~~~HERE A CONTRADICTION!Primitive values are: strings ("John Doe"), numbers (3.14), true, false, null, and undefined.---------------------------------Another post----------------------------------------Justsomeguy! To better explain it is to say variable are just reference to date value, they can grasp and hold a data value, there is not limit to the number of data they can hold except the 32bit room. But for such simple even a large complex program, if done right, can hold all data type.

Edited by L8V2L

Unfortunately, my local network is having trouble with some internet resources and I can't see the images in your first post.

In response to your second post...

The people who manage the W3Schools website never visit the forums. When they update the website we are not notified of it.

There are no contradictions, everything can be treated as an object in Javascript, even Strings and Numbers.

Take this example for numbers: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_valueof_num

And this example for strings: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_charat

Variables are more complicated behind Javascript than what it appears to be in Javascript.

A variable contains data, the amount of data that the variable contains depends on the type that the variable has. Some data types are not contained in the variable, but are referenced. That means that the variable is pointing to (or "referencing") another place that has data. Numbers and Booleans are contained inside the variable, but Strings, Arrays and Objects are not inside the variable. Javascript pretends that strings are inside the variable to make things easier.

Unfortunately, my local network is having trouble with some internet resources and I can't see the images in your first post. In response to your second post... The people who manage the W3Schools website never visit the forums. When they update the website we are not notified of it. There are no contradictions, everything can be treated as an object in Javascript, even Strings and Numbers.Take this example for numbers: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_valueof_numAnd this example for strings: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_charat Variables are more complicated behind Javascript than what it appears to be in Javascript.A variable contains data, the amount of data that the variable contains depends on the type that the variable has. Some data types are not contained in the variable, but are referenced. That means that the variable is pointing to (or "referencing") another place that has data. Numbers and Booleans are contained inside the variable, but Strings, Arrays and Objects are not inside the variable. Javascript pretends that strings are inside the variable to make things easier.

Your up earlier, unfortunately I can't comprehend this message right now as I been up as usually studying JavaScript. I'll come back to it a little later. Thanks for the reply, as always.And it's not your internet or browser, it this site, something wrong. A lot of feature are bugging I guess I could say.The picture is of the browser I use, with the console f12 open up. I wrote var obj = new Object(); in the console, with a couple of variables underneath it and link them to the obj and another value. As example: x = "y"; obj.x = "x"; more so as boj[x] = "y"; so when it log on screen, it'll show y instead of x as the variable... I think, or just the value y, but I know with the square bracket, it'll show the value as the variable being y.Any way, as I log in the console as so console.log(obj); it brought up the prototype with all it's property plus what I wrote, duo to the fact that I did not link it as so console.log(obj.y); to show case just one value.I'm going through the MDN guide. Edited by L8V2L