prepared statement problem

jimfog

I have the following query

SELECT * from holidays WHERE holid_date >=(?)and holid_date <=(?)'

I just want to select a range of dates from a table between the two dates given(beg_date and end_date)

Here is some code related to the prepared statement I try to use for it:

$stmt->bind_param('ss',$beg_date,$end_date);          $stmt->execute();         $stmt->bind_result($dates);         $stmt->fetch();

trying to run the above I get this error:

Warning: mysqli_stmt::bind_result(): Number of bind variables doesn't match number of fields in prepared statement in C:Apache24htdocsAppointmentsAdministratoradmin_db_code.php on line 398

I assume I get this error cause a range of values get passed to dates....anyway...how can I write a prepared statement for such a query...I use mysqli.

That's only going to work if the table has 1 column. You're selecting all columns but then you only give 1 variable for the results. Each column needs a variable, and you should list the columns you want to select to avoid having your code break if the database structure changes.

That's only going to work if the table has 1 column. You're selecting all columns but then you only give 1 variable for the results. Each column needs a variable, and you should list the columns you want to select to avoid having your code break if the database structure changes.

you were right...instead I tried this....

SELECT holid_date from holidays WHERE holid_date >=(?)and holid_date <=(?)'

I specify a column...

The only problem is that instead of getting all the dates I should be getting(within the interval specified by beg_date and end_date) I get only the first one.

probably the problem will be solved if I use a while loop...what do you think?