WARNING! Is Windows Restore Point CHANGED your JS files?

musicman

Hi,

This just happened to me. I needed to use Windows (7) Restore Point in safe mode. The system config back to a week ago setting. Unfortunately, my javascript files changed to the 'last week' version too. Now I have to start all over again some work.

So be careful when you use Windows Restore Point! They said Restore Point tool change script files too, looks like it's including javascript files.

Hey musicman,

That happens unfortunately and because of that and anything else, I usually make/keep back ups of everything on external hard drives. Yes that's hard drives with an 's' because you never know... ;)

Really? My understanding is that it only affects the O/S system files only, so it reverts to previous updated version of Windows, and for instance before any specific software was installed.

Other files otherthan system files are not touched, overwriting to previous older file would only occur if you used windows backup to restore to that older version of file/s.

Hi,

yes @dsonesuk, I found similar cases on the Internet, some of them losing their js files after restore their system. HTML, CSS and PHP are fine, but javascript changed or gone.

That happens unfortunately and because of that and anything else, I usually make/keep back ups of everything on external hard drives. Yes that's hard drives with an 's' because you never know... ;)

That's a great idea! I'm also thinking to save them on cloud.

A full week of work and now I don't even know where to start with my js code.