May I knw how to solve this display issue in formmail.pl ?

moneytree

Hi everyone,Good day to you.I would appreciate someone can help me on formmail.pl issue.My problem on the formmail.pl is the display issue.When site visitor opt-in through my webform followed by submit,it will display a message from formmail.pl to the subscriber,the opt-in had been acknowledge. For example : If I entered the following into my webform :my firstname =Victor,lastname=John and email address=Victor@yahoo.com However,it only show the lastname of the subscriber on the dispaly message :lastname : JohnMay I know how to make changes or what's the correction on formmail.pl in order to display it as follow:1 ) Firstname :Vistor2 ) Lastname :John3 ) Email address :Vistor@yahoo.comMany thanks for your time and effort in helping me.Best regardsManicui

What does formmail.pl look like?
It looks like 75K, is what it looks like. You want me to post it here? laugh.gifmoneytree, I assume you mean nms formmail.pl, v3.xx? I hope so, because it's the only version I know, though I am led to believe that it is very familiar to Matt's original formmail.cgi. So I'm discussing the nms version, which is typically distributed free with hosted web accounts.I am not familiar with any firstname and lastname fields, and I don't see any in my documentation. nms formmail.pl does accept a "realname" field which would consist of both, or whatever the user wants. That's what a normal email looks like, anyway.You have the option of editing the response message, and also the text wrapper of the email itself. If you open up formmail.pl, near the top, clearly marked, are all the variables designed to be changed by you. If you're more brave, you can look deeper into the script to find other text that can be edited. One way to find what you're looking for is to look at the text in the response email or the response HTML page and search for some of that text in the script. You'll see what you want to edit. But be careful. Editing the wrong thing there can break the script. (But if that happens, just download a fresh version and reinstall it. Get the Compatibility package.)You can also create your own custom response page and specify its address right in the form. ANYTHING you design will look prettier and be more informative than anything nms formmail.pl sends by default.

• 1 month later...

Hi Deirdre's Dad,Synook,Many thanks for your advice to my query over formmail.pl issue.I am using Matt's formmail.pl for my wenform in cgi-bin as show here :--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------# FormMail Version 1.92 # Copyright 1995-2002 Matt Wright mattw@scriptarchive.com # Created 06/09/95 Last Modified 04/21/02 # Matt's Script Archive, Inc.: http://www.scriptarchive.com/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The main reason to captured and display the firstname,lastname and email address of the subscirber as it requried by this autoresponder software - milloop 7 which I am using it to collect the opt-in list from my webform.Now,I had manage to display firstname,lastname and email address of the subscriber as follow :--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Subject: Thank you for subscribing to newsletter ! <u>From: Unknown sender</u> Date: Wed, April 23, 2008 5:28 pm To: newsletter@mysite.com Priority: Normal Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version | Download this as a file firstname: manicuilastname: gohinEmail: manicui@XXXXXXX.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- However,one problem solved and the other arised !The problem is the sender captured in the email became as unknown sender as you can see it in the email as show above ( From: Unknown sender ). I had carried out a test by creating an autoresponder's message ( newsletter ) to be send out immediately to those subscriber who had opi-in to my webform,but,this message never send out and the subscriber never receive the newsletter ! I would like to attched the formmail.pl for you to review and advice,but,it seem like there's no way to attach it.May I know how to make changes in the formmail.pl in order to the sender captured in the " From : " field ?Thank you.Best regardsmanicui

Archived