Guestbook Help!

sawild

Hi all! I'm attempting to put a guestbook on my website. I've been following the script from "http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-22_11-5076796.html".However, I'm obviously doing something wrong as once I hit submit, it goes to the file in the cgi-bin and doesn't go any further. I'm left with a blank screen. Please help! It's driving me crazy!

<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/guestbook.cgi">					<p class="tags">Name: <input type="text" name="name" id="name" size="30" /></p>					<p class="tags">E-mail address: <input type="text" name="email" id="email" size="30" /></p>					<p class="tags">Website: <input type="text" name="website" id="website" /></p>					<p class="tags">Comment: <textarea name="comment" id="comment" rows=3 cols=45 wrap=virtual></textarea></p>					<br />					<input type="submit" name="submit" value="POST to the guestbook">					<input type="reset" name="reset" value="CLEAR the form" />				</form>								<!--add-->			

#!/usr/bin/perl#variables that will be used later.$guestbookreal = "guest.html";$return = "http://www.damienbt.com/guest.html";read(STDIN, $buffer, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});@pairs = split(/&/, $buffer);foreach $pair(@pairs) {   ($name, $value) = split(/=/, $pair);   $value =~ tr/+/ /;   $value =~ s/%([a-fA-F0-9][a-fA-F0-9])/pack("C", hex($1))/eg;   $value =~ s/<\!\-\-.*\-\->//g; # get rid of SSI   $in{$name} = $value;   }open (FILE,"$guestbookreal");   @LINES=<FILE>;   chop (@LINES);   close(FILE);   $SIZE=@LINES;open (GUEST,">$guestbookreal");for ($i=0;$i<=$SIZE;$i++) {   $_=$LINES[$i];   print GUEST "$_\n";   if (/<!--add-->/) {      if ($in{'email'} ne '') {         print GUEST "<b><a href=\"mailto:$in{'email'}\">";         print GUEST "$in{'name'}</a></b>:<br>\n";         } else {         print GUEST "<b>$in{'name'}</b>:<br>\n";         }      if ($in{'website'} ne '') {         print GUEST "<a href=\"$in{'website'}\">";         }      print GUEST "$in{'comment'}<p>\n";      }   }close (GUEST);print "Location: $return\n\n";

• 2 months later...

I got"Not FoundThe requested URL /cgi-bin/guestbook.cgi was not found on this server.Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at damienbt.com Port 80"I dont think the guestbook is on the server?Maybe try putting the CGI in the same folder as the html?

I got"Not FoundThe requested URL /cgi-bin/guestbook.cgi was not found on this server.Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at damienbt.com Port 80"I dont think the guestbook is on the server?Maybe try putting the CGI in the same folder as the html?
Why in the world are you responding to 3-month-old posts?

• 3 months later...

Archived