I hope W3C will read this

francizy

I understand that the new introduction in HMTL5 (article, section, main, aside, footer, etc.) are good but they would have been better if they help in positioning or arranging sections of a web page easier. I've been wondering, since I can list an item using <li> and <ul> as the containing body all inside a <nav> and then tell them that I want them displayed inline, and it works, why can't I put my <nav>, <section> and <aside> into a containing body like <main> or <article> and then do this:Article nav section aside { display: inline }I mean, if this works:Nav ul li { display: inline }Why can't this work: article nav section aside { display: inline }

It depends on what you expect display: inline to do on the <aside> element. display: inline might not be the right solution to the problem you're trying to solve,

Sorry for digressing from my topic, I'd like to know, how do I design for different screens? Like, do I write different CSS for different screen sizes? And there are basically different screen sizes, like: laptop which am learning with, tablets, mini pad, then smart phones, etc. And how do I get the various CSS to work when its a laptop, when its a smart phone and when its a pad? Your help will be very much appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you so much.

that is referred to as responsive web design, of which a google search will yield many results. A popular framework supporting that design strategy is Bootstrap.

http://getbootstrap.com/

that is referred to as responsive web design, of which a google search will yield many results. A popular framework supporting that design strategy is Bootstrap.http://getbootstrap.com/

Thanks a lot.. I do have that in mind, but I'd love to learn everything that there is to learn about CSS and HTML before progressing to JavaScript then bootstrap follows suit... Thank you for your suggestion tho

Bootstrap is built on CSS, but I actually encourage not using a framework until you know how to make responsive designs without one.

Responsive design is only done with CSS and HTML. It's about using the CSS in a way to make it look right on many different screen sizes. Look up "media queries" which are a fundamental CSS feature that makes responsive designs work.

Bootstrap is built on CSS, but I actually encourage not using a framework until you know how to make responsive designs without one. Responsive design is only done with CSS and HTML. It's about using the CSS in a way to make it look right on many different screen sizes. Look up "media queries" which are a fundamental CSS feature that makes responsive designs work.

Thanks for this. I'll most definitely do what you said.

Bootstrap is built on CSS, but I actually encourage not using a framework until you know how to make responsive designs without one. Responsive design is only done with CSS and HTML. It's about using the CSS in a way to make it look right on many different screen sizes. Look up "media queries" which are a fundamental CSS feature that makes responsive designs work.

Thanks for this. I'll most definitely do what you said.