looping through a multidimensional array

jimfog

I am using a foreach loop within foreach to iterate through a multi-dimensional array.

foreach ($content as $key=>$v1) {   foreach ($v1 as $times) {            print_r($v1['day'].$v1['open'].$v1['close'].'<br>');    }}

this array is the seven weekdays and each weekday is another array containing the the open/close times of a store(13:00-14:00 for example)

It looks something like that...the first member for example

['monday']=>['day'=>'monday','open'=>'13:00','close'=>'14:00']

there are occasion where the store is closed and in the place of open/close there are empty strings....

despite though having the browser printing an empty string......the browser just prints the key name...Monday for example

why this happens?

You don't seem to have used the variable $times anywhere. Since the weekday name is already the key, you don't need to also have it as a value.

It should be more like this:

foreach ($content as $day => $times) {       echo $day . ' ' .  $times['open'] . ' ' . $times['close'] . '<br>';}

You don't seem to have used the variable $times anywhere. Since the weekday name is already the key, you don't need to also have it as a value.

It should be more like this:

foreach ($content as $day => $times) {       echo $day . ' ' .  $times['open'] . ' ' . $times['close'] . '<br>';}

Thanks...actually I was using times in another version of the code....something I had forgotten to do for the code you see in my post.

That other version of course is not what is displayed in your post....meaning my code was wrong either with times in it or without it.