Creating An Mp3 Download

jmicah

I'm trying to create a link that would allow the user to download an mp3. I thought this would work

<a href="clip.mp3">Download Here</a>

but it just takes me to a seperate page that plays the mp3.I know you could just right click and save target as but I was hoping to make it easier for the user.I've been searching around for a few days with no luck. Any help out there?Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response Ingolme.I tried using type but it still tries playing the mp3 in the browser. I tested with Firefox and Safari.I'm looking for a solution similar to when you click a link and it pops up an alert asking if you want to "Run" or "Save" the file.

I just found the answer to my question with a little more searching.The solution is to create a php file like so

<?header('Content-type: audio/mpeg');header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="audioclip.mp3"');?>

Then just link to the php file

<a href="download.php" target="_blank">Download MP3</a>

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using one of your center div table commands as a future back drop table to hide my space background to give the page my space age look. The table is 1301 px in width, I have enough room to actually place my futuristic scrollbar. I'm playing with that table code you gave me. Can I use that to continue my unique look and feel? The space ship has to stay. lol are these table codes acceptable to web developers? If so, I'm on right track now...... I hope?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just found the answer to my question with a little more searching.The solution is to create a php file like so

<?header('Content-type: audio/mpeg');header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="audioclip.mp3"');?>
Then just link to the php file
<a href="download.php" target="_blank">Download MP3</a>
Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Thanks for this help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...