PayPal Express Checkout problems

unplugged_web

I'm trying to set up PayPal's Express Checkout on a custom built shopping cart but I've never done anything like this before and didn't know if anybody had dine this before?

I've followed PayPal's instructions but when I add the code to the page that handles the billing I just get an error saying:
Direct credit card payment API call failed. Detailed Error Message: OrderTotal (Amt) : Required parameter missingShort Error Message: Missing ParameterError Code: 81100Error Severity Code: Error
I tried adding the code to the page where they click to pay with PP as well as on it's own page but I get the same error both times. I know I'm doing something wrong but am not sure exactly what and would be grateful for any help please
Thanks
Edited by thehappyappy

There should be a value there, when I send the request to PayPal it's sent as " $paymentAmount = $_SESSION["Payment_Amount"];" and has the total amount. But after confirming the payment in PayPal it's then redirected and the value of "$paymentAmount" should be there but it's not.

I'm following this: https://devtools-paypal.com/integrationwizard/ and have downloaded their code.