Question On Writing SQL Statement

HTHVampire

From the tables that I attached, a. Assume Job relation is created. Write the SQL statement that will create the EMP relation (use the structure shown in Table 2) Following is my answer:

Create Table EMP (empnum NUMBER(3), lname VARCHAR2(15) CONSTRAINT emp_lname_nn Not Null, fname VARCHAR2(25), mi CHAR(1), hiredate DATE CONSTRAINT emp_hiredate_nn Not Null, enddate DATE, Jobcode CHAR(3), Salary Number(10,2) CONSTRAINT emp_empnum_pk Primary Key (empnum), CONSTRAINT emp_jobcode_fk Foreign Key (jobcode) REFERENCES Job(job_code); 

b. Write the SQL statement that will enter the first data row into the EMP relation

My answer:

Insert into EMP values (101, 'O''Connel', 'John', 'mi', '11-Aug-2000', NULL, '502', 3600) 

For both of this questions, can someone checks with me whether am I doing it correctly? Please point out my mistakes if any, I appreciate your guides.Thank you!

post-172318-0-71526000-1398573635_thumb.jpg

Is this for MySQL? I haven't seen CONSTRAINT used when setting a field as not allowing null values. Maybe you're using something other than MySQL though. Your insert query is fine, although you missed one of the values.