Php file s in xampp

Chikwado

When you choose "Save as..." from the file make sure that you select "All files" instead of ".txt" in the save dialog. It would also be good to change the encoding dropdown to UTF-8, that's also in the save dialog.

If you plan to write code frequently you should download a code editor such as Notepad++.

But does it mean that this notepad is not strong enough. Because I have choosed "Allfiles" and "UTF-8" and yet window will add "lnk" to file extension and keep it hiding i may not see it or notice it. I know if this file has extension as .php xampp must surely pass it to browser.

If you saved it as lnk by accident but did not notice it because of hidden file extention, it would always save it as lnk, if you opened the file changed code, and saved with different name.Make extensions showwindows7, go to folder, click organize => folder and search options => view => 'hide extensions for known file types' and uncheck

I have no other means to put file inside htdocs except draging it. I pressed "ctrl" and drag it to htdocs. And it generate .php.nlk Are there any way to save my php file direct to htdocs?

Edited by Chikwado