slow page load

johnnyg24

I'm in the process of converting my entire site from classic asp to asp.net. I've down loaded visual studios 2015 community addition and I'm trying to learn how to build an asp.net web site (razor v3) in VB from scratch. Please keep in mind I've used Dreamweaver 8 for the past 6 years so I know nothing about visual studios. I can hit the default.vbhtml web page from my browser but the first time I visit the page it can take 5-10 seconds to load. Each subsequent visit loads very quickly. Do I need to do anything with this website before just saving it to my server? Will these pages take this long for another visitor to see on there first visit? Sorry for what is probably a silly question but this almost an entirely new language to me.

Thank you,

That behavior makes it sound like you're using some really large images on the page. I don't have more information to go by, but a page loading slowly just the first time usually indicates that the client is downloading a large resource from your website (probably an image) and then loading it from the browser cache on all subsequent visits.

Thank you,

How do I compile the website, do I click on Build > Build Web Site? And what's the best way to tell if the webpage has been complied? Is there way for me see to a compiled version in a folder somewhere or a list of complied files?

one last quaestion I promise, when a user run the page for the first time and it's compiled, will it remain complied for every subsequent vistor or will each uniqe visitior compile the page over again on their first visit?