Puzzle Game with Images Help

paulmo

I'll attach a working script to this post.

In this program, tiles[] is an array with four numbers. The numbers are reordered when the user clicks on the image elements. The game logic is in the move() function, the presentation is in the display() function.

I copied the specifications of your current program, in your current program it's always tile 3 that gets moved when a user clicks on the puzzle so I kept it that way.

test.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignolme, thank you, this is great! It works with different sets of images in array. I willl study your functions, especially move and display. The annotations help. And cool Tails art.

Edited by paulmo

How to delay the complete round (show complete puzzle for a couple seconds) before loading new round? Thanks.
// If the round is complete, load the next round                if(is_equal(tiles, solution)) {                    currentRound++;                    if(currentRound < images.length) {                        // Load the next round                       // alert("Next round!");                        selectRound(currentRound);

Sorry I missed that setTimeout takes a function. Here is complete is_equal function, I'm trying is_equal as function in setTimeout:
if(is_equal(tiles, solution)) {                                        currentRound++;                                                      if(currentRound < images.length) {                        // Load the next round                       // alert("Next round!");                        selectRound(currentRound);                    } else {                        // The game has ended                        alert("Game over.");                    }                }            }//setTimeout                window.setTimeout(is_equal, 2000);
Edited by paulmo

The error is because is_equal takes 2 parameters and you're not passing any parameters when you call it with setTimeout.I believe you're trying to do this:

if(is_equal(tiles, solution)) {                                        currentRound++;                                                      if(currentRound < images.length) {                        // Load the next round                       // alert("Next round!");                        setTimeout(function() { selectRound(currentRound); }, 2000);                    } else {                        // The game has ended                        alert("Game over.");                    }                }            }