Disabling Scrollbar

amitamberker

Hi,How do I disable “Scrollbar” from the following code?

<div class="01" style="overflow:auto" scrolling="no"> <p class="word-wrap" style=""><b>A</b></p> <p class="word-wrap" style="">B</p> <p class="word-wrap" style="">C</p> <p class="word-wrap" style="">D, MM 007</p> <p class="word-wrap" style="">Phone: 123456789</p> </div>

Hi Ingolme,Removed the "overflow: auto;" part but still the “Scrollbar” is appearing... whew! Wondering how do I disable it?Please help!

the scroll bar will only appear if the total height of text exceeds the set height of the element, so this looks like it is controlled somewhere else like class="01" (by the way, I'm pretty sure using numbers as a reference at the start causes problems, at end yes! such as 'myclass01' is fine) this make me wonder if this has overflow:auto; set as well.

the scroll bar will only appear if the total height of text exceeds the set height of the element, so this looks like it is controlled somewhere else like class="01" (by the way, I'm pretty sure using numbers as a reference at the start causes problems, at end yes! such as 'myclass01' is fine) this make me wonder if this has overflow:auto; set as well.
Hi dsonesuk,The class="01" is just a dummy due to confidentiality issue and NOPE, it's not controlled in class="01" [dummy name].FYI - The class="01" has a different Name. I believe, the Scrollbar is displaying from a different source since the Scrollbar is still not disappearing upon incorporating as overflow:auto; in class="01" [dummy name]. Unfortunately I do not have rights to copy and paste the entire html code into this forum.

overflow:hidden;
Hi wirehopper,NOPE :) Still the Scrollbar is not disappearing for "overflow:hidden;" . I believe, the Scrollbar is displaying from a different source. I mean, from a different DIV tag.

Where is the scroll bar appearing? On the window? On a specific page element, like the div you posted?If it's appearing on an element, can you be certain that it's appearing on the div you posted? Try adding large paddings and unique background colors to different divs so you can figure out for sure which element the scrollbar is attached to.

Hi All,Well - The "OVERFLOW-Y: scroll;" was the culprit :) ... It was on a different DIV tag in a different Class... WHEW! Thanks a lot friends...Take Care!

Archived