Remove dotted border after click

Archdeacon

After I click an Href to a new image the dotted border still remains. I have tried 'a {outline:none}' but does not seem to work.I am just a beginner at CSS so please forgive my ignorance (Javascript is no problem). The page has 2 '<a HREF>' elements.

a {outline:none;} should work in all cases whether a:hover, a:visited or a:active etc, only if you change the outline within one of these states will it revert to the styling assigned to this specific state.make sure the style tag and type are correct, clear browser history/Private Data and refresh page<style type="text/css">a {outline:none;}</style>

Not working I am afraid. Still it persists with all these attempts!
ok so post the codeif it is lengthy, just post the HTML around the image and related styles

If you've been testing in IE6 (and 7, maybe) the outline thing won't work, as those versions of IE don't understand the outline property.

It is a focus issue. If you have a javascript function called by your href, then in that JavaScript change focus to a nutral place on you page. I tried the blur method, but that did not work. Refocus to another area. That worked for me accross the browsers.

Basically:

window.onload = function() { // bind a function to the window load event	anchors = document.getElementsByTagName("a"); // get all anchors	for (x in anchors) { // loop through them		if (anchors[x].getElementsByTagName("img").length) { // if there is an image			anchors[x].onfocus = function() { // bind a function to the focus event...				this.blur(); // blurring it again			}		}	}}

Note that this is bad for accessibility, though, as users will not be able to select the anchor using devices other than the mouse, e.g., keyboards.

Archived