External RSS Feeds

pixelrat

It looks like you're loading a ton of pictures that you're not doing anything with. Overall, that page has my browser send 380 requests for 32.6MB of data, and 351 of those 380 requests are for images, which total 32.4 out of 32.6 MB. I don't see 351 images on that page though, so it sounds like you're loading a bunch of stuff that you don't need to load. I have various content blockers on my browser though, so if you open your own developer tools to look at that you might get higher numbers.

That looks like a pretty tiny image for such a big file size, check the file sizes for the images listed in the developer console in the network tab. Images that small should be only a few KB, I'm seeing images at hundreds of KB.

Regardless, if you need a page with 351 images on it that are over 32MB in total, then you can't really reduce that. If you want to reduce the time it takes to load then reduce the number of images (maybe load them only on-demand, instead of loading everything), or reduce their file size.

I've found the solution in the book "Smashing Wordpress".

Apparently, each feed is being queried from my server to the feed host’s server, and the PHP needs to get all the data and parse it to be able to produce the output I want.

The solution is to either use a caching plugin, or let the server run a cron job at regular intervals and cache the content for me to output whenever needed.

Thanks for your help.