Cannot import large customer database into MySQL without issues

DarkxPunk

Hey everyone,

Please correct me if I should not be posting these sort of issues, I notice most posts are related to syntax. Anyway lets get started.

I have a fairly large database (approximately 65000 rows with 10 columns), it has been provided to me in a CSV format. At first I attempted to upload this database and kept having MySQL disappear (gone), I figured later that was related to my max packet size was too low, resolved that. Now I attempted to import it again, but I am always missing about 20/30 thousand rows (not in any particular location either), one instance I actually incurred an extra 60 thousand rows (which does not make sense so it must have been duplicating data). I am at this point where I am completely lost as to why this won't upload. In the past I have uploaded CSV files with maybe 6/7 columns and 1000/2000 rows, and never had or have issues, I know it is dramatically smaller in comparison, but I don't understand why MySQL can't handle it.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

That is the odd thing. I have at one point tried reducing the file by leaving only 10 000 then 5000 then 1000 but it made no difference with this specific database. Is it possible there is a character or line break that could be causing the issue? I will again try skimming the file, just to be sure, but thought I would bring my past experiences.