• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 westman

westman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:06 AM

I notice that some sites on the clear web but most on the dark web show their PGP public key.

​I have a pgp privet key that was auto generated along with my .onion url when I opened the tor browser.

I also took a look at https://github.com/s...yma/openpgp-php and my question is...

How do I display a PGP public key on a website that relates to my site url using php?

#2 justsomeguy

justsomeguy

More Human Than Human

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,654 posts
  • Languages:Focusing on PHP and JavaScript

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

When you generate a key pair it will create both a public and private key, the public key is the one that people use to encrypt messages that only the private key can decrypt.

Know your history: Babbage | Lovelace | Turing | Hopper | Ritchie
ConTEXT Sublime Text Opera PHP MySQL phpMyAdmin
Use a debugger: Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, or Opera
Know the foundations of computer science: algorithms, machine architectures, data structures, etc. Don't just blindly copy techniques from application to application. Know what you are doing, that it works, and why it works. Don't think you know what the industry will be in five years time or what you'll be doing then, so gather a portfolio of general and useful skills. Try to write better, more principled code. Work to make "programming" more of a professional activity and less of a low-level "hacking" activity (programming is also a craft, but not just a craft). Learn from the classics in the field and the better advanced textbooks; don't be satisfied with the easily digested "how to" guides and online documentation - it's shallow.
-- Bjarne Stroustrup

He that teaches himself has a fool for a master.
-- Benjamin Franklin (paraphrased)

#3 westman

westman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:07 AM

I understand that. However, I am not talking about pgp for messages or email.

I am talking about the pgp privet key you receive with your random .onion domain name when you open the Tor browser with the intent of hosting on the dark web. 

The pgp privet key and the .onion url are linked (meaning the privet key and url are bound together/created together).

From my pgp privet key and my .onion url I am trying to find my pgp public key.

How do I do that?

#4 justsomeguy

justsomeguy

More Human Than Human

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,654 posts
  • Languages:Focusing on PHP and JavaScript

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

Well, I haven't used the specific software that you're using, so I can't tell you how to use it. I imagine that there is plenty of documentation out there for your particular use case though.

Know your history: Babbage | Lovelace | Turing | Hopper | Ritchie
ConTEXT Sublime Text Opera PHP MySQL phpMyAdmin
Use a debugger: Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, or Opera
Know the foundations of computer science: algorithms, machine architectures, data structures, etc. Don't just blindly copy techniques from application to application. Know what you are doing, that it works, and why it works. Don't think you know what the industry will be in five years time or what you'll be doing then, so gather a portfolio of general and useful skills. Try to write better, more principled code. Work to make "programming" more of a professional activity and less of a low-level "hacking" activity (programming is also a craft, but not just a craft). Learn from the classics in the field and the better advanced textbooks; don't be satisfied with the easily digested "how to" guides and online documentation - it's shallow.
-- Bjarne Stroustrup

He that teaches himself has a fool for a master.
-- Benjamin Franklin (paraphrased)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pgp, php, site, wamp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users