Date picker problem...

khan786

i have past

<script src="/js/jquery-ui-1.8.15.custom.min.js"></script> <script src="/js/jquery-1.6.2.min.js"></script><link rel="/styles/stylesheet" href="jquery/jqueryCalendar.css">

in header tag.....

and

jQuery(function() { jQuery( "#startDate" ).datepicker(); });

in document.ready function but the calender is not opened ..whay......i have paste the js file in folder as mentioned...

You should be checking your browsers developer tools for errors, but from what you provided, the first thing I see as an issue is that you are included jquery-ui _before_ jquery. It should be loaded after jquery.

http://learn.jquery.com/jquery-ui/getting-started/

Aside from that, make sure you also have an element called #startDate.

#startdate is the text item in which date is returned. i also tried to put these code in header part of page like as

<head>

<script src="/js/jquery-ui-1.8.15.custom.min.js"></script> <script src="/js/jquery-1.6.2.min.js"></script><link rel="/styles/stylesheet" href="jquery/jqueryCalendar.css">

jQuery(function() { jQuery( "#startDate" ).datepicker(); });

</head>

still not worked???

The actual Javascript code needs to be between <script> tags.

Your other <script> tags are in the wrong order: jQuery-UI has to be loaded after the jQuery library.

I'm not sure if you understood. The browser runs the code in the order it is found, which is why order matters.

I can't guarantee that this is the only problem you have to solve, but it's one of them.

Rearrange this:

<script src="/js/jquery-ui-1.8.15.custom.min.js"></script><script src="/js/jquery-1.6.2.min.js"></script>

to this:

<script src="/js/jquery-1.6.2.min.js"></script><script src="/js/jquery-ui-1.8.15.custom.min.js"></script>