Website design how has it changed in the past twenty years?

Html

Hi,

I don't know if there are some veterans of website design going back. I'm certainly neither one myself.

But how has the website design business changed now as to twenty years ago?

It's either people using a CMS like Wordpress or a site like Wix to do everything for them, or it's a programmer using a bunch of libraries and toolkits. People don't write HTML and CSS by hand like they did 20 years ago. If people are doing things the same way they were doing them 20 years ago then they haven't progressed.

It's either people using a CMS like Wordpress or a site like Wix to do everything for them, or it's a programmer using a bunch of libraries and toolkits. People don't write HTML and CSS by hand like they did 20 years ago. If people are doing things the same way they were doing them 20 years ago then they haven't progressed.

Kind of sounds like you're implying those who write HTML, CSS by hand today haven't progressed because they aren't using libraries, Wix, toolkits, CMS, etc?

Yes, it does sound like I'm implying that. The libraries and toolkits that people use today do so much that it's ridiculous to try and do all of that by hand if you value your time.

Yes good point, I agree when it comes to time.