Hello everyone....

RKWebTheBuilder

Hello everyone! :Pleased:

My name is Ron Kane and I am an accomplished web developer and technical writer having done many technical manuals, general information and "how-to"s in the Content Management field.

I have significant success in utilizing the Adobe Suite and Microsoft SharePoint products with respect to creating content and following industry based style guides.

My biggest success to date was working with one of my past company's Chief of Staff for a SVP in revamping their entire Intranet portal. This portal went from being unprofessional looking and having no web traffic to being very professional looking and increasing the traffic to it ten-fold.

Right now, I'm reading through the HTML tutorials in preparation for my first ever HTML certification through here to gain recognition for my commitment to improving my skills and to meet with fellow web developers on here.

Ask away if you have quesitons and I'm glad to be on here! :good:

Ron

Well... Welcome Ron. :good:

I'm just a "nobody", but I want to be a " somebody" someday.

I'll say again, Welcome Ron.

My name is John, most everyone calls me "JD". Here, my username is "keytone"

I have asked some "goofy" questions in this forum and have found everyone to be very patient and

extremely helpful, even when I think my question is a little bit "goofy".

I consider myself a beginner.

The moderators keep a close watch on posts and have always known exactly how to guide me in the right direction.

They seem to really want to help and share their experience and knowledge

Everybody here is here to help each other out, and I for one am very grateful for all the help that has been given me..

I don't want, or expect. anyone to write code for me, but I have been given very great guidance when I ask.

(by the way, they didn't put me up to this post, I just can't say enough for the people here.) :D

• Like 1

Howdy "JD"...

I'm "new" in web development... I have only had exposure in website maintenance for about 9 months but as a technical writer, I've had exposure to basic HTML/CSS, HTML5/CSS3, some JavaScripting for about 7 years now so I'm fine with doing web pages the "hard coding" way... most web building it would seem is *generated* for you with all sorts of online/offline web apps.

I'm of the type that I want to build it myself, to actually code it. But in my past line of work, The coding was initially done for me and all I had to do was manipulate it in a way that made the pages readable/professional like.

I would gladly help out in what ever way I can to help someone learn this better, if that's what they want to do. I was also an acting trainer/mentor for jr. tech writers so I managed them and was patient with them in writing/coding their manuals and web how to pages to follow a standard.

Now I'm looking for opportunities to continue in this endeavor and to make a good impact from what I've learned and am still learning.

Nice to meet you "JD"! :Pleased: