Positive critiques required

Mudsaf

Hello, i would like to get critiques about my website, at the moment shoutbox is under developement and isn't fully functioned, but works.

http://mudsaf.info/index.php

Feel free to test & report errors + improvement ideas here. JavaScript and latest browsers required to display the webpage correctly. Google Chrome returns with best results.

Things that I noticed within 5 seconds:

1. The Navigation Bar's Font is VERY hard to read. There is no contrast for the font to stand out and be easily read.
  2. The background's gradient is way to harsh, going from pure white to pure blank is a general no-no.
  3. "Reloads" at the time is spelled wrong.
  4. Personally, I think you could do a much, much better design. Don't let this be your design. Work harder, and design a much more eye pleasing design. It will take time, but I am sure you could do it!

All my opinions but I do feel you could make a MUCH better design if you take the time.

Things that I noticed within 5 seconds:
  1. The Navigation Bar's Font is VERY hard to read. There is no contrast for the font to stand out and be easily read.
  2. The background's gradient is way to harsh, going from pure white to pure blank is a general no-no.
  3. "Reloads" at the time is spelled wrong.
  4. Personally, I think you could do a much, much better design. Don't let this be your design. Work harder, and design a much more eye pleasing design. It will take time, but I am sure you could do it!

All my opinions but I do feel you could make a MUCH better design if you take the time.

Thanks for info, i will totally fix reloads part and going to give a try for new theme :).
What do you like feedback on specifically?
Any critiques, style, functionality, errors, typos the critiques are endless! :)

• 3 months later...

I say there's space for a lot of improvement here,

• the page looks overwhelmed even though there isn't that much information, you should make use of more clear space.
  • the backgrounds should be more smooth to give it a more appealing to the eye feeling.
  • also a more readable frendly font would be good

this just for starters take a look at the Web Design Concepts section of this page http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Main_Page#Web_Design_Concepts study it and try to improve your overall design.