looping a specific object property

jimfog

I have 2 objects:

{id:3, title:kostas Papageorgiou, staff_ID:5, start:2014-04-09 04:30:00, end:2014-04-09 06:00:00,…}1: {id:4, title:gianis, staff_ID:5, start:2014-04-10 04:00:00, end:2014-04-10 06:00:00, color:#0072C6,…}

I want to loop only through the property title of them.How am I going to do it?

I have found code in the web that loops through all of the properties but not for a specific one.

In other words and having as an example the above I want to get Kostas Papageorgiou and gianis.

This is the code I am using which and which loops through all of the properties:

for (var key in event) {                      if (event.hasOwnProperty(key)) {                        console.dir(key + " -> " + event[key]);                      }                    }

As you see I am printing the results in the console.event is the name of the object

As I said above I want to access only the title property.

I do not understand the problem. Are you unaware that you can access object properties directly? If so, how did you get this far without knowing that? You can use event.title, or event["title"]. Why are you looping through the properties?

if(obj.property){  console.log('obj has property defined');}

That's not going to work with properties that have values such as "", 0 or false

I think it's odd that I can't use...

var t = events[1].1.title; // 'yyy'

for...

var events = [{0:{id:1,title:'xxx',start:100}},{1:{id:2,title:'yyy',start:150}}];

That's not going to work with properties that have values such as "", 0 or false

Ah yes, correct. the property will be there, but will not pass that test. I guess I oversimplified the example of object notation.

I do not understand the problem. Are you unaware that you can access object properties directly? If so, how did you get this far without knowing that? You can use event.title, or event["title"]. Why are you looping through the properties?

Because there is more than one object at any moment. That is why I am using loop.

Anyway I found a workaround and no loop is needed at all...but I am just letting you know why I used loop in the first place.