asp.net C#

Guest bheft

Guest bheft

I suggest that tutorials be made for creating dynamic web pages with asp.net using c#. It's very popular and it would be nice to know some basics, and to have a good reference area to go to. Just a suggestion.

W3schools only deals with web development tutorials that also teach you to follow W3C standards.W3C is World Wide Web Consortium (WWWC) which is THE international web standard to work to.

asp.net is microsoft through, am I not right ?I think this site only list W3C "recognized" (whatever it means) languages.For this kind of stuff you usually go to microsoft asp.net support site.
You should take a look at the tutorials again. There are tutorials for ASP, VBScript, and ASP.Net (using VB) which are all Microsoft technologies.Server side programming languages have nothing to do with W3C. The W3c develops standardized client technologies like XHTML and CSS. Programming languages just output what you tell them to.While I agree that C# is much nicer than VB I doubt we will be seeing any C# tutorials. The tutorials that get written are based on the site owners knowledge and I believe they are VB programmers.

I am no C# expert, but I am pretty sure most VB/C# experts can easliy convert one to the other. I've had a heck of a time finding C# tutorials meant to jumpstart the .net web development side, so I would love for someone to work on converting the VB codes on w3schools.At least the starter ones... Perhaps if I ever get far enough I'll start working on the converting as a learning experience... but until then, I'll simply put my plea out there for someone else.C# is definitly the way to go in my opinion. VB is far from dead, but if you are starting out C# just seems logical as it is OO and very similar to other languages.

I am no C# expert, but I am pretty sure most VB/C# experts can easliy convert one to the other. I've had a heck of a time finding C# tutorials meant to jumpstart the .net web development side, so I would love for someone to work on converting the VB codes on w3schools.At least the starter ones... Perhaps if I ever get far enough I'll start working on the converting as a learning experience... but until then, I'll simply put my plea out there for someone else.C# is definitly the way to go in my opinion. VB is far from dead, but if you are starting out C# just seems logical as it is OO and very similar to other languages.
Yes VB is not that hard to convert to C# but I just don't think the owners are going to do it. Updates are few and far between as it is.If you have any specific questions regarding the tutorials post it here and we can convert it for you or use an online converter like here to convert from VB to C#

Archived