Jquery unwanted behaviour

larskfischer

I am working on this website:

http://www.heartbeatgroup.dk/Aletta/Index.html

I have made a jquery script in the second picture in menu but it is not behaving quite the way I intended:

When I do a mouseover from below, the picture in the menu jumps up and down instead of disappearing.

And when I do a mouseover from the top, the whole page makes a little jump, on mouseleave

I am a total newbie and help to avoid this would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from

Lars

Denmark

Hi justsomeguy

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have had a look at chaining the functions and it works better.

The only problem I have now is, that when I quickly swipes the mouse across the menuheader ("Behandlingsformer"), the sub-menu appears but the picture does not hide.

Can you tell me, what the problem is?

Greetings from

Lars

Because it get stuck between fadeIn/Out, hide, show use .stop(true, true) to force it to stop all multiple animations queued for this element, BUT then completely finish the current running animation.

$("#menupunkt2 img").stop(true, true)... rest of jquery

I have read the page about the stop method.

But it does not solve my problem.

When I quickly swipe the mouse pointer across "Behandlingsformer"

The image disappears and the sub-menu appears on mouseover

And the image reappears on mouseleave, but the sub-menu does not go away...

I am sorry for being so thick headed, but I cannot get it to work:-(

Because the chained functions relies on current state of the main event function animation, try

$(document).ready(function() {                $("#menu2tekst").mouseenter(function() {                    $("#menupunkt2 img").stop(true, true).hide(50, function() {                        $("#undermenu").stop(true, false).show(600);                    });                });            });            $(document).ready(function() {                $("#menu2tekst").mouseleave(function() {                    $("#undermenu").stop(true, true).hide(50, function() {                        $("#menupunkt2 img").stop(true, false).show(600);                    });                });            });