Search document for today's date

WeardeQuay

I am trying to make a macro that will open a document and put the curser on today's date, I thought that would be an easy first macro for me to write but it has not worked out that way. I am attempting to purchase a book dealing with as it's the reason for the macro a complete macro guide for Office 365, has anyone heard of one.Alan

This is as far as I can get with the macro, I do not understand the find a string part. Can anyone help.

Sub Diary2016()'' Diary2016 Macro'' ChangeFileOpenDirectory "X:WORD Documents" Documents.Open FileName:="X:WORD DocumentsDiary 2016.docx", _ ConfirmConversions:=False, ReadOnly:=False, AddToRecentFiles:=False, _ PasswordDocument:="", PasswordTemplate:="", Revert:=False, _ WritePasswordDocument:="", WritePasswordTemplate:="", Format:= _ wdOpenFormatAuto, XMLTransform:=""

Dim ToDaysDate As String

ToDaysDate = "& Day(Now) & Month(Now) & Year(Now)"

Find: Selection.Find.ClearFormatting With Selection.Find .Text = "ToDaysDate" .Replacement.Text = " " .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindContinue .Format = False .MatchCase = False .MatchWholeWord = False .MatchWildcards = False .MatchSoundsLike = False .MatchAllWordForms = False End With Selection.Find.Execute

End Sub

First, this line:

ToDaysDate = "& Day(Now) & Month(Now) & Year(Now)"
should be this:
ToDaysDate = Day(Now) & Month(Now) & Year(Now)
That would make a date string like "25032015" for today. If your date is in a different format then you'll need to adjust that string. And on this line:
.Text = "ToDaysDate"
You shouldn't quote the variable name.

At last the code works thanks for the help with the date formatting.

Sub Dairy2015()'' Dairy2015 Macro ChangeFileOpenDirectory "X:WORD Documents" Documents.Open FileName:="X:WORD DocumentsDiary 2015.docx", _ ConfirmConversions:=False, ReadOnly:=False, AddToRecentFiles:=False, _ PasswordDocument:="", PasswordTemplate:="", Revert:=False, _ WritePasswordDocument:="", WritePasswordTemplate:="", Format:= _ wdOpenFormatAuto, XMLTransform:="" DaysDate = Format(Now(), "Long Date")

Find: Selection.Find.ClearFormatting With Selection.Find .Text = DaysDate .Replacement.Text = " " .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindContinue .Format = False .MatchCase = False .MatchWholeWord = False .MatchWildcards = False .MatchSoundsLike = False .MatchAllWordForms = False End With Selection.Find.Execute End Sub