Property zoom doesn't exist : 1 1

kennith

I don't know how to make this menu work other than the way it is written. Can anyone help me?CSS

.menu,.menu li,.menu ul {	list-style: none;	margin: 0 auto;	padding: 0;}.menu {	width: 1000px;	position: relative;	z-index: 597;}.menu li {	padding: 0 14px;	float: left;	line-height: 1.3em;	vertical-align: middle;	zoom: 1;}.menu li a:link, .menu li a:visited {	text-decoration: none;	color: #FFFFFF;}.menu li a:hover, .menu li .current {	color: #FF0000;}.menu li.hover,.menu li:hover {	position: relative;	z-index: 599;	cursor: default;}.menu ul {	visibility: hidden;	position: absolute;	top: 100%;	left: 0;	z-index: 598;	width: 100%;}.menu ul li {	width: 170px;	float: none;	background: black;}.menu ul ul {	top: 1px;	left: 99%;}.menu li:hover > ul {	visibility: visible;}

XHTML I validated this, and it passed. I don't understand why the XHTML is correct but the CSS is not. It looks fine when I look at it through a browser.

<ul class="menu">	<li><a href="#" class="current">Home</a></li>	<li><a href="#">About Me</a>		<ul>			<li><a href="#">Bio</a></li>			<li><a href="#">Interests</a></li>			<li><a href="#">Projects</a></li>		</ul>	</li>	<li><a href="#" class="dir">Music</a>		<ul>  			<li><a href="#">Playlist</a></li>			<li><a href="#">Driven To Prevail</a></li>			<li><a href="#">Horizons Refuge</a></li>			<li><a href="#">Sincerity Bleeds</a></li>		</ul>	</li>	<li><a href="#" class="dir">Gallery</a>		<ul>			<li><a href="#">Band Pics</a></li>			<li><a href="#">Just Me</a></li>			<li><a href="#">Feal That Bass</a></li>		</ul>	</li>	<li><a href="#" class="dir">Videos</a>		<ul>			<li><a href="#">Savior Jesus</a></li>		</ul>	</li>	<li><a href="#" class="dir">Blog</a>		<ul>			<li><a href="#">Refuge</a></li>		</ul>	</li>	<li><a href="#">Contact</a></li></ul>

Is that your entire script? I loaded it and nothing happened.Also, what kind of error messages are you getting?

"zoom" isn't a CSS 2.1 property, so naturally the validator is going to tell you it's wrong. That's going to happen with CSS3 properties or ones that are browser specific, like Microsoft's "filter" property.

Is that your entire script? I loaded it and nothing happened.Also, what kind of error messages are you getting?
The error message is 78 .menu li Property zoom doesn't exist : 1 1 I loaded the site up on webs. http://kennithhillis.webs.com/home.html You will find the entire coding here.Below is the CSS file. http://kennithhillis.webs.com/styles.css

"zoom" isn't a CSS 2.1 property, so naturally the validator is going to tell you it's wrong. That's going to happen with CSS3 properties or ones that are browser specific, like Microsoft's "filter" property.
How do I change it to make it valid?

If you fixed it, you don't qualify as an idiot. You're just part a small worldwide group that values capability more than entitlement.

Archived