Space on page bottom not consistent in different browsers. HELP!

ellyklamo

Hi,

I am having trouble with the page bottom of my website.

It is not showing consistently when viewed in different browsers.

Chrome and internet explorer seem to be pretty similar, however in safari the information sometimes spills over the page bottom.

What is the best way around this?

Do i need to get some kind of code to get the different browsers to respect the spacing on my page?

Please have a look at:

http://www.mygraphicdesign.com.au/pagebottom/faq/index.html

What can i do to make this display correctly at the bottom in the different browsers!

Another page is: http://www.mygraphicdesign.com.au/pagebottom/index.html

As an example

Dont look at the other pages as they are the old site. The two posted above are my new site so only for these two pages please.

The only solution i have thought of so far was to make the page bottom really really big so that at least it does not get cut off on some of the browsers, but it doesn't really look that great =(

Please help!!!!

I have no idea how to fix this!!!

post-176613-0-11883100-1411290640_thumb.jpg

You will never get 100% match in all browsers, as different browsers use different default settings for margins, padding etc, and to get them closer to 100% you would have to set these default settings to override the browsers.

Example of this

*{padding:0;margin:0;}            body{font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:62.5%;}            p{margin:1em;}            h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{margin:0.9em 7px;}h1 {font-size:2em;} h2 {font-size:1.84em;} h3 {font-size:1.68em;} h4{font-size:1.52em;} h5 {font-size:1.36em;} h6 { font-size:1.20em;}

* {padding:0;margin:0;} removes ALL padding and margins from ALL html elements, you then reset the margins/padding to your liking and all browsers will follow this.

Also

<p class="bodytext">Our services are available to clients in Sydney, 			Australia and worldwide! We use online delivery methods to deliver 			your design files to you and you can pay with the Australian dollar 			via bank deposit or PayPal: a trusted and secure payment gateway 			for purchasing online! Our prices and rates are unbeatable and you 			will get them at a fraction of the cost of the larger agencies. We 			also have a variety of plans and package deals which have been 			designed to save you time and money!  <br><br>We have provided our 			services to numerous clients over the years and take pride in our 			customer service, striving to provide you with excellence in design, 			affordability and quick turnover times! Our designers are talented 			and professional with years of experience and bring you only the 			best skills and expertise!</p>
with
.bodytext {    color: #523C2F;    font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;    margin-bottom: 0;    margin-top: 0;    text-align: left;}

You are removing the purpose of what these 'P' (paragraph) elements are supposed to do, by removing margins and using line breaks <br> instead.

.bodytext {    color: #523C2F;    font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;    text-align: left;}
<p class="bodytext">Our services are available to clients in Sydney,            Australia and worldwide! We use online delivery methods to deliver            your design files to you and you can pay with the Australian dollar            via bank deposit or PayPal: a trusted and secure payment gateway            for purchasing online! Our prices and rates are unbeatable and you            will get them at a fraction of the cost of the larger agencies. We            also have a variety of plans and package deals which have been            designed to save you time and money! </p><p class="bodytext">We have provided our            services to numerous clients over the years and take pride in our            customer service, striving to provide you with excellence in design,            affordability and quick turnover times! Our designers are talented            and professional with years of experience and bring you only the            best skills and expertise!</p>

Don't use <br> for spacing, use margins instead, this also could add to problem described at beginning.

Edited by dsonesuk