mysql to mysqli

funbinod

got difficulty on converting mysql to mysqli to these line

<?php// select table$query = "SELECT * FROM vender";$result = mysql_query($query);if (!$result) die("Unable to select database: " . mysqli_error());// fetch data$rows = mysql_num_rows($result);for ($n = 0 ; $n < $rows ; ++$n){		echo "<option>" . mysql_result($result,$n,'vname') . "</option>" ;}?>

please guide....

what's the problem? have you tried looking up how to use mysqli? most of the function names are the same, but maybe the parameters are different

http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.mysqli.php

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ref_mysqli.asp

however, until you use just one, you are going to have issues either way as you can't mix them like that.

i read the topics & documents on w3schools and php.net. but i got difficulty on understanding mysqli_result or i dunno

i did this

<?php// select table$query = "SELECT * FROM vender";$result = mysqli_query($connect, $query);if (!$result) die("Unable to select database: " . mysqli_error());// fetch data$rows = mysqli_num_rows($result);for ($n = 0 ; $n < $rows ; ++$n){		echo "<option>" . mysqli_result($result, $n, 'vname') . "</option>" ;}?>

but malfunctioned.

how so? what does malfunction mean in this case? what's the value of $rows? Does the loop work and iterate through? is your column name correct? you echo <option> tags but no <select> tag?

it works fine with "mysql". it didnt work converting to "mysqli". nothing else are changed.

opening and closing tags of SELECT are before and after this PHP. like --

<select name="vname" id="vname"><option></option><?php// code goes here?></select>

value of $rows is list of names from 'vname' column and yes the column name is correct..