What should I do to allow people on the internet to visit my Apache server?

jwwlw2008

I've downloaded Apache 2.22, MySql 5.6.10 and PHP 5.3.5. I've set them ready in Computer A in my home. I'm able to visit my website by typing localhost in the browser in Computer A. I have another Computer B in my home. I use a router to get on internet. A and B share the router. 1.By now, am I supposed to be able to visit my website from computer B by just typing A's IP address (say 192.168.2.9) in the browser? If it's not working, is it because of the router's firewall? It's not OK whether I tried to ping A's IP address on B, or the other way around. Does this mean A and B can't communicate with each other? (A's IP 192.168.2.9, B's IP 192.168.2.10, submask 255.255.255.0) What might be the problem? 2. What should I do to allow people all over the internet to be able to visit my website using my public IP (IP on the wan side of the router)? I know I should forward the port. But I'm not very familiar with the concept. I know Apache use port 80. So should I just forward port 80 to Computer A's IP address? Is this the port of Computer A or the router? Or I associate the port 80 of the router with the port 80 of Computer A? Is port forwarding the only thing left to do? What else should I do? Thank you very much! Please help me!

If you can't ping one computer from the other then something is stopping it. It might be a firewall on either computer, or hardware between them. You'll need to at least allow port 80 through for HTTP traffic between the two computers. If you want people to be able to access your server by IP then you need to set up rules in your router to foward incoming HTTP traffic to your server, and configure any firewalls that would be in the way. Start by checking in your router's setup area. If you also want SSL traffic then that is port 443.