New Site give me opinion

divinedesigns1

ok, by using some advice from my last post, i ended up with thishttp://www.divinedesigns1.com/GrindOut/and i would appreciate your opinion on this one

Edited by DDs1

It took me about three minutes to decide what the site was about after I entered. I didn't click on any thing. I just watched the slide show. It took me awhile. My first question is always "what's in it for me?" and my second question is always "what do you want me to do?". Shouldn't you tell me something about the group (or groups) as soon as I enter? I think some some relevant background music is what I would need and probably expect. I hope that helps.

It took me about three minutes to decide what the site was about after I entered. I didn't click on any thing. I just watched the slide show. It took me awhile. My first question is always "what's in it for me?" and my second question is always "what do you want me to do?". Shouldn't you tell me something about the group (or groups) as soon as I enter? I think some some relevant background music is what I would need and probably expect. I hope that helps.
thats what i was thinking also, the original theme for the website pretty good, but the person who wanted it change it so thats it ended up too, so now all the info about the website is on the about page, the music is on the video page, to me its all ova, like my website it give u a short info about the website then it goes krazi lol well not krazi exactly but it went on showing you what exactly i do. any other opinion?

• 2 months later...

I just popped in and immediately jumped to conclusion must be a pop group sharing their performances with their fans. No doubt it is expected that the visitors are fans who are there intentionally for some freebies, to know where your next gig is, or maybe even to buy something?!

My first impression is that you need pictures of the stars & recent video and maybe a sount track we can play while readings the home page. The About Us section wants to talk about "we" in the first person, not "them" 3rd person IMO.

I see no advantage to having a "click to enter screen" or half the page just this green and grey logo nothing and would much rather see photos of their latest gig so I could think ... I don't want to miss the next one!

I just popped in and immediately jumped to conclusion must be a pop group sharing their performances with their fans. No doubt it is expected that the visitors are fans who are there intentionally for some freebies, to know where your next gig is, or maybe even to buy something?!

My first impression is that you need pictures of the stars & recent video and maybe a sount track we can play while readings the home page. The About Us section wants to talk about "we" in the first person, not "them" 3rd person IMO.

I see no advantage to having a "click to enter screen" or half the page just this green and grey logo nothing and would much rather see photos of their latest gig so I could think ... I don't want to miss the next one!

guessing you did not go through the whole website? the about us section was written by one of the members of GOE, who i do not believe took their time to write, and what you mean "or half the page just this green and grey logo nothing", kindly be advice that this website was discontinued, so there wouldnt be any photos of the group members

guessing you did not go through the whole website? the about us section was written by one of the members of GOE, who i do not believe took their time to write, and what you mean "or half the page just this green and grey logo nothing", kindly be advice that this website was discontinued, so there wouldnt be any photos of the group members

Yes that is correct. I am not a hip hop fan myself and just interested in learning basic principles and different ideas about web design at the moment. So you mean originally there would have been things to look at over on the right then?

I'm still a bit baffled about having a "click to enter" screen. I mean in a real live website mostly we would get to some internal page directly via a Google would we not?

Yes that is correct. I am not a hip hop fan myself and just interested in learning basic principles and different ideas about web design at the moment. So you mean originally there would have been things to look at over on the right then?

I'm still a bit baffled about having a "click to enter" screen. I mean in a real live website mostly we would get to some internal page directly via a Google would we not?

not really, its the theme of the website, theres many other websites like this one.........also this isnt a hip hop group its a rap group and yes originally there were more things to view but since it was cancel everything gets stuff how it is

ditch the welcome screen, otherwise nice wesite although design is kinda of in your face

yeah, but like I was telling angel, that's how the client asked for it to be done, now I can remove it if another client asked to use that template with a different theme I can take you up on ur advice and remove it.....but I do agree with you on ditching the welcome page