How To Remove Url And Header?

aic007

Hi allI have written a custom print.css in order to get nice pages when the web application is printed. However, I have not managed to remove theb header and footer - the properties that has the title and "page 1 0f 2" on the top, and the url and date on the bottom of the page.Can this somehow be removed?Regards

I'm afraid not. We get this question often here. That's a setting that the browser handles. If you don't want printed pages to have that you could download the Firefox source code, find the printing part of the code, remove that text and the compile it.You can also provide the information in PDF format so all the people can download and print it.

I'm afraid not. We get this question often here. That's a setting that the browser handles. If you don't want printed pages to have that you could download the Firefox source code, find the printing part of the code, remove that text and the compile it.You can also provide the information in PDF format so all the people can download and print it.
Allright. Thanks a lot for answering man. I have to ask a stupid question just to be sure. Is it possible to replace the footer url with static text?Regards

It would be possible to replace the text by whatever you like, remove it completely, crossing it out, coloring it white, or whatever you like, if it was handled not by the browser.It means that css is not able to modify it by any means. The browser recieves the print() call from either javascript, a user form or a browser button, takes the print.css to lay out the page accordingly, then adds headers and footers when configured in the user's browser, and finaly it continues the request to the printer (manager). So there is no way the programma can intervene in between the laying out the page for printing and the placing of the header/footer.-But if it is you and you only, who wants them to be removed (not for the users of your webpage), then just configure your browser not to print them :)

Archived