Need help converting this AS3 code to javascript in the HTML5 Canvas file for the CONTACT (mailto:) button

jeanroman

I am working with Flash PRO CC v. 14.0. to convert my website to HTML5 / javascript

I have converted a file to the HTML5 Canvas in Flash CC. I have no experience with javascript.

I need help converting this AS3 code to javascript in the HTML5 Canvas file for the CONTACT (mailto:) button

This is the Flash AS3 code for the email contact button - prior to convert to HTML5 canvas. When anyone clicked on the CONTACT button It opened a black email form addressed to my email account.

This is the original AS3 code that was disabled when converted to HTML5 canvas:

//function getLink4(event:MouseEvent):void{

// var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("mailto:j11@jeanroman.com");

// navigateToURL(request, "");

//

//}

//contact.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, getLink4);

//

THIS code worked - When you click on the CONTACT button It opens a black email form addressed to my email account and this is what I want the JS code to do

In attempt to translate the above AS3 code

I used the code snippet /HTML5 canvas/ Actions / Click to Go to Web Page

That gave me this code. When you click on the CONTACT button It opens a black email form addressed to my email account.

The problem with this javascript code is that when you click the contact button it also opens a new blank growers window. I do not want it to open a new blank browser window. I want it to remain on current HOME web page, and just open a blank email addressed to my email name.

This is the current Javascript code I am working with:

this.contactBtn.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_4);

function fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_4() {

window.open("mailto:j11@jeanroman.com", "");

}

Question: How do I stop it from also opening a blank browser window? How do I keep it on current browser page yet open a blank email addressed to my email account?

Any help to end my frustration is greatly appreciated

The window.open function opens a new window. If you don't want to do that, then instead of using window.open you probably just want to set the window.location.href property to your mailto link.

:-)... What's mailto? Edited by L8V2L