How to replace the nodes based on attribute value in xml using xslt.

Hari Arun

Below is the XML : How to replace the nodes in XML based on attribute using xslt.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><DST><CDGCreateTree><DST><currentJobName>PQContactComplete</currentJobName><AWD><case><transaction><UIID>Test</UIID></transaction></case><case><transaction><UIID>Testsample</UIID></transaction></case></AWD></DST></CDGCreateTree><newNode><transaction relate="Y" id="1"/></newNode></DST>

1)In above xml total 2 cases which is having individual transactions2)newNode node contains another transaction with ID(id = "1")

3)My requirement is like i want to replace first case transaction with newNode transaction which is generated basedon first case transaction only, That is the reason why i am looking into remove unnecessary data.

4)For every operation newNode contains only one transaction.

Result should be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><DST><CDGCreateTree><DST><currentJobName>PQContactComplete</currentJobName><AWD><case><transaction relate="Y" id="1"/></case><case><transaction><UIID>Testsample</UIID></transaction></case></AWD></DST></CDGCreateTree></DST>

In future I may get another transaction with id under newNode node below is the xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><DST><CDGCreateTree><DST><currentJobName>PQContactComplete</currentJobName><AWD><case><transaction relate="Y" id="1"/></case><case><transaction><UIID>Testsample</UIID></transaction></case></AWD></DST></CDGCreateTree><newNode><transaction relate="Y" id="2"/></newNode></DST>

This time I should replace second case transaction with newNode transaction(becasue first case transaction already replaced with newNode transaction and it contains id value)like that I want continue the process.

Finally Expected result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><DST><CDGCreateTree><DST><currentJobName>PQContactComplete</currentJobName><AWD><case><transaction relate="Y" id="1"/></case><case><transaction relate="Y" id="2"/></case></AWD></DST></CDGCreateTree></DST>

I have used below xslt, but it's not helped me, Can any one please suggest me or correct me.

<?xml version="1.0"?><xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version = "1.0">

<xsl:template match="@* | node()"><xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node()" /></xsl:copy></xsl:template>

<xsl:variable name="targetNode" select="//newNode/transaction"/>

<xsl:template match="(//transaction[ancestor::*[name() = "CDGCreateTree"]][not(@id)])[1]"><xsl:copy-of select="$targetNode"/></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

Explaination of Above XSL:

(//transaction[ancestor::*[name() = 'CDGCreateTree']][not(@id)])[1] this statement is defines about case transaction which is not having id and first transaction replace with (//newNode/transaction) New transaction.

In future if i get any newNode transaction it should be replace accordingly to above xsl,i thought it will work as per the statemnt but some thing is missed please suggest me.