Unable to launch Internet Explorer from Edge Browser

md.nasir6

I have developed a simple html page. In that page there is a html button. If any user browses the page with Edge Browser then a message will show to click on that button to visit the page in Internet Explorer. To open Internet Explorer I have Used ActiveXObject. But the button is not working to launch Internet Explorer in Edge Browser. The code is given bellow.

function LaunchIE() {var obj = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");var ie = "C:Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore.exe";obj.Run('"' + ie + '"', 1);}
Can anyone please give me suggestion.

This is a really bad idea. ActiveX objects are obsolete and it's terrible for usability to tell the user what browser to use.

What good reason is there to use Internet Explorer, anyways? If you're going to send the user to a different browser it might as well be something useful like Firefox or Chrome.

You think you're going to be able to use Javascript to run an arbitrary program on the user's computer? No, you can't do that, and for good reason. I don't want your site or any other site running arbitrary programs on my computer. It's my computer, not yours.Based on a quick Google search, Edge does not support ActiveX at all.