help with a json script

Fielding

With this script i try to convert in urls in my desktop all the bookmarks in firefox

<#    .SYNOPSIS      Reads Firefox recovery.js JSON file and creates URI shortcuts in a folder on the Desktop.    .DESCRIPTION      See above.    .PARAMETER <paramName>      None    .EXAMPLE      C:> powershell.exe -noprofile -executionpolicy bypass -File ".JSON2Shortcut.ps1"    #>              Function Remove-InvalidFileNameChars {      param(        [Parameter(Mandatory=$true,          Position=0,          ValueFromPipeline=$true,          ValueFromPipelineByPropertyName=$true)]        [String]$Name      )           $invalidChars = [IO.Path]::GetInvalidFileNameChars() -join ''      $re = "[{0}]" -f [RegEx]::Escape($invalidChars)      return ($Name -replace $re)    }         # Check Powershell version, ConvertFrom-JSON requires v3+    If($PSVersionTable.PSVersion.Major -lt 3) {      (new-object -ComObject wscript.shell).Popup("Script requires Powershell V3",0,"OK")      Exit    }         # Check for and read the recovery.js file and convert from JSON to objects    if (!(Test-Path -Path ~AppDataR*M*F*P**s*recovery.js)) { Exit }    $opentabs = (Get-Content ~AppDataR*M*F*P**s*recovery.js) | ConvertFrom-Json  # Firefox         # Create a folder on the Desktop based on current date/time    $folder = ("Tabs-" + "{0:yyyy}" -f (Get-Date)) + ("{0:MM}" -f (Get-Date)) + ("{0:dd}" -f (Get-Date)) `              + ('{0:hh}' -f (Get-Date)) + ('{0:mm}' -f (Get-Date)) + ('{0:ss}' -f (Get-Date))    $desktop = [Environment]::GetFolderPath("Desktop")         New-Item -Path $desktop -Name $folder -ItemType Directory | Out-Null         # Our new folder path    $scPath = $desktop + '' + $folder         # Cycle through the Tabs object only getting the Entries for non-Hidden ones    for($i=0; $i -lt $opentabs.windows.tabs.Count; $i++) {      if (!$opentabs.windows.tabs.hidden[$i]) {         # Grab the Title of the page, trim to 15 characters, add a random number, and append .url    # (This becomes our shortcut name)        $scName = (Remove-InvalidFileNameChars $opentabs.windows.tabs[$i].entries[-1].title.Trim())        if ($scName.Length -gt 15) { $scName = $scName.Substring(0, 15) }        $scName = $scPath + '' + $scName + '_' + (Get-Random -Maximum 1000) + '.url'         # Target is the URL from the object        $scTarget = $opentabs.windows.tabs[$i].entries[-1].url         # Create a Shortcut with Windows PowerShell using Windows Scripting interface        $WScriptShell = New-Object -ComObject WScript.Shell        $Shortcut = $WScriptShell.CreateShortcut($scName)        $Shortcut.TargetPath = $scTarget        $Shortcut.Save()      }    }

I have windows 8.1 running and installed windows powershell in

C:WindowsSystem32WindowsPowerShellv1.0

version 3.0

How can i depure my problem ?

Best Regards

depure i means debug. the script don't go well for me and i don't know how to solve .

My recovery.js is : Y:FIREFOX PERFILESPEPEsessionstore-backupsrecovery.js

In the line :

C:> powershell.exe -noprofile -executionpolicy bypass -File ".JSON2Shortcut.ps1"

i have put finally C:> powershell.exe -noprofile -executionpolicy bypass -File "JSON2Shortcut.ps1" with the script JSON2Shorcut.ps1 in the folder :

C:WindowsSystem32WindowsPowerShellv1.0

where the executable powershell.exe is

What am i doing bad ?

Best Regards

The .ps1 file needs to be in the working directory, which is whatever directory you're in when you run that command. If the prompt is at c:, then the .ps1 file needs to be there unless you specify the full path to the file. If you only give a filename then it looks in the working directory, not wherever the executable is.