"try it yourself" not working?

brynn

Hi Friends,

I almost posted this in the Suggestions board, but likely this is a problem on my end, somehow. Although I'm sure you can move this, if it is some kind of problem.

For the CSS3 2D Transforms and 3D Transforms tutorials, the "Try it yourself" examples don't work. I'm using Firefox all current and up to date (atm 37.0.2). And the Browser Support section says it should be supported. All the other "TIYs" work as expected.

Is it something I'm missing? I guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself, maybe trying to learn too much too soon. So potentially I could have missed something, along the way, that would explain this. Or is there a problem in those examples?

Thanks for enlightening me :)

Is this what you mean? I tried like this, but didn't work.

<style> div {    width: 300px;    height: 100px;    background-color: yellow;    border: 1px solid black;    -moz-transform: translate(50px,100px);    -ms-transform: translate(50px,100px); /* IE 9 */    -webkit-transform: translate(50px,100px); /* Safari */    transform: translate(50px,100px); /* Standard syntax */}</style>

It does work, without -moz-, it positioned like you are adding top left margin from its position without margin, there is no animation or anything to show it is/has moved.NOTE:I am using same version Firefox version

Edited by dsonesuk

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that those examples are not supposed to show the animation?

If not, I would ask, why not?

Edited by brynn

Please excuse my newbie-ness. But what use is that kind of code then? Why not just put the box where you want it in the first place, rather than put it in one place, and then write code for it to be in another place. I must be missing some major concept.

Hhmm.....well a lot of the info in that article is still over my head, at the moment. But I'll forge ahead and hopefully it will become clear.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me to understand :)

(Edit -- I can't remember if this forum likes topics to be marked solved. But I can't find the button, if there is. Anyway, we can close this topic now. TA)

Edited by brynn