How come my threads always get lock!?!?!?

L8V2L

.... Beside the title of this thread, let talk about threads... Or more so server side scripting. Reading on server side scripting, I read that apache only handle http functions. And host language for server side scripting, i.e. Php, c++, java. But that mean that... Like the browser, apache is just a host for the language. I wonder why Apache don't implement JavaScript as an optional language?Any thoughts on this?

No it can be use as a server. All of you think in one direction.Dedicated hosting serviceGreen hostingCloud hostingShared hosting

Anything can be used as a server-side language if you set up the server to do it, but that is irrelevant. In most cases Javascript is not the best option for a server-side language.

Your only reason for wanting to use Javascript on the server side is so that you won't have to learn another language. This kind of attittude is going to make it difficult for you to get a job as a web developer. The mindset needed for programming is one of wanting to learn everything that is necessary in order to get the job done, and also being able to solve problems on your own.

How come my threads always get lock!?!?!?

Because you go off-topic and treat this place as your personal playground. If you're talking about something not related to web development, expect your topic to get locked. The moderators typically are pretty relaxed about this, but you do it a lot.

I wonder why Apache don't implement JavaScript as an optional language?

You realize that Apache is a web server, right? Apache doesn't implement any languages. It is a modular web server, and people have written modules to add a lot of functionality to the core of Apache.

Anything can be used as a server-side language if you set up the server to do it, but that is irrelevant. In most cases Javascript is not the best option for a server-side language. Your only reason for wanting to use Javascript on the server side is so that you won't have to learn another language. This kind of attittude is going to make it difficult for you to get a job as a web developer. The mindset needed for programming is one of wanting to learn everything that is necessary in order to get the job done, and also being able to solve problems on your own.

I'm planing on starting a game site, not working as a web developers.

I'm planing on starting a game site, not working as a web developers.

how is making a site mutually exclusive from being a web developer?

how is making a site mutually exclusive from being a web developer?

I'm up for learning other languages. But I want my foundation to be planted in ECMAScript, XHTML,CSS, C/C++. These the language I plan to learn and master. To be a wizard of.

Let's talk about unix-like and the posix and the signal event!!!! Please I wish to socialize!!!! Just say what ever depending on these topic.

I suggest that, on this forum, you stick to web development topics. There are plenty of general programming and computer science forums where you can ask general questions. You're welcome to try and ask whatever questions you want in this forum, but if they aren't related to web development then don't expect a lot of replies.

So I'm looking up this which I have retrieve from my phone after running a code example that I have read from a book:usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbinAnd decide to google it to understand the usr, bin, and sbin. That lead me to this link:busy-boxAnyone care to explain?

Edited by L8V2L

I don't think you're going to understand the answer, so let me ask you a question. What does it mean that your phone printed that? What, specifically, are you telling it to print?

I'm reading a pdf on my phone, a code example is shown. I copy and paste it in an interpreture on my phone. What does it mean? Just tell me what that mean. The bin and other two.

SHELL: '/bin/sh', PATH: '/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin',What is bin--I know it's a doctor by :, but it seem to have some historic value to bin, and sbin. Also usr which stand for user, but still would like clarity from a wizard--?Please explain.

Edited by L8V2L

bin stands for binary, or binaries. typically where executables are saved on a users machine.

So what the sh, and sbin stand for?

SHELL: '/bin/sh',PATH: '/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin',SHELL: '/binary/shell',PATH: '/user/binary:/binary:/user/system binary:/system binary',