Update Statement Not Working

Guest FirefoxRocks

Guest FirefoxRocks

This might be a stupid question but I don't understand why this isn't working:

UPDATE `table` SET `title`="Facebook Connect" && `author`="1" && `assoc`='nw' && `assocId`='8' && `content`='<p>Facebook Connect is cool.</p>\r\n<p>It helps you attract more users.</p>' && `tags`='social networking, facebook' WHERE `id`=5 LIMIT 1  ;

MySQL doesn't return an error, but nothing updates, except that the title becomes 0.I have tried quoting the `id` value and removing LIMIT 1; but the result is the same. I have tried copying the exact code from phpMyAdmin to my process page but the result is the same, and I also tried executing my code in phpMyAdmin but the same thing happens!At first I thought it was one of my variables that got emptied or something but now I realize that putting text in there doesn't change it.MySQL gives this syntax for the UPDATE statement:

UPDATE [LOW_PRIORITY] [iGNORE] table_reference SET col_name1={expr1|DEFAULT} [, col_name2={expr2|DEFAULT}] ... [WHERE where_condition] [ORDER BY ...] [LIMIT row_count]

What am I doing wrong?

You're using the logical && operator. So you're giving it a logical expression to set title to. Apparently it's evaluating to false, which is why it gets a value of 0. Review the syntax for UPDATE queries, you don't need to use AND to separate the columns.

Archived