Portfolio Site , Feedback Please :)

Dareus

Hi,I made my site previously (which is now the unique site in my Portfolio seciton), and re-designed it. This is technically my first website, as the one before that was with a program that you kinda fill in the information.I coded those 2 by hand and learnt as i went along.Any feedback would be appreciated.ThanksVisit My Website

Well, the background image is pretty cool and it validates (although you had one CSS error), but to be honest, most of the content styling just seems to fall flat in a generic sort of way; colors, fonts, layout. Your footer doesn't seem to correctly line up at the bottom. I did notice a spelling mistake or two and some of your thumbnails, like in your portfolio page, don't seem to link or allow for a bigger view. The hover effect you use looks kind of weird because it goes outside of your content area. Also, did you intentionally mean to spell copyright wrong? Your form could be a little more gracious if someone enters the wrong information. Why do you have spans within your navigation links? Although not terrible (it does make you come across as a very ncie guy, :)), the one thing I noticed the most was that your portfolio looked a lot better than this site. I'm not sure what to make of that, but it just kind of struck me as odd as there seemed to be an inconsistency with the look and feel of those vs. this one.Anyway, sorry to be so critical, but this is obviously a revenue generating website for you and as such it should really carry a little more professionalism with it. Not to say it has to be fancy, idk, I'll leave it to you to interpret and for others to comment.

Dareus,Just one small suggestion: On your portfolio page, be careful with the links that point to the parts of the page. They are a dark blue on a black background which is really difficult to see clearly. That goes the same for the "return to top" links.Other than that, it looks like you have spent a lot of time on it!

Archived