include files within subfolders

surina777

let me just start that I am an asp newb...i have done quite a bit of searching online...and coming to a forum is my last resorthere is my situation:I am currently working on a site in our dev environment located on my server (ip_address/site/)I have include files located at: ip_address/site/incI need to start adding subfolders, so i create: ip_address/site/subfolderwell the header/nav/footer are in the /inc folder, so i need to include those files from the subfolder fileIf I do a

<!-- #include file="../inc/header.asp" -->

I get this error: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'Disallowed Parent Path/site/subfolder/default.asp, line 34The Include file '../inc/header.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate the parent directory.If I do a

<!-- #include file="/inc/header.asp" -->

I get this error if so:Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0130'Invalid File attribute/site/subfolder/default.asp, line 34File attribute '/inc/header.asp' cannot start with forward slash or back slash. This works...

<!--#include virtual="/site/inc/header.asp"-->

BUT!I need to create several hundred subfolders, when I go to production, I am going to have to change that /site name on each default.asp file for every subfolderWhat is the best solution here?

Archived