6 replies to this topic

#1 DougArnold

DougArnold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

G’day!

My client's RSS feed is valid but with errors I do not know how to repair ; can anyone lend a hand? Thank you!

Doug Arnold

1. How do I fix the "self" link reference in line 12?

2. How do I eliminate the style tags (10) in line 14?
FEED ValidatorFOR ATOM AND RSS AND KMLCongratulations!This is a valid RSS feed.RecommendationsThis feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.line 12, column 145: "self" link references a non-Atom representation: application/xml [help]... eeds.feedburner.com/ThePaceOfService" /><feedburner:info uri="thepaceofs ...^line 14, column 0: description should not contain style tag (10 occurrences) [help]<description>&lt;style type="text/css"&gt;Source: [url="http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThePaceOfService"]http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThePaceOfService[/url]

#2 boen_robot

boen_robot

XSLT senior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts
  • Interests:Everything having to do with computers... and science.
  • Languages:(X)HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Schema, PHP, JavaScript (a little), other XML based...

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

Remove the styles... RSS is not the place to have styles in.
The greatest difficulty in programming is not in finding answers, but in asking yourself the right questions. -- If nobody has said it before, then I'd like to take credit of thinking this up (during summer of 2010).
"Complex problems often have the simplest solutions" -- Not sure who said that first.
=== My projects (all feedback welcomed) ===
XML_XSLT2Processor(0.5.3) - perform XSLT 2.0 transformations in PHP.
PEAR2_Net_Transmitter(1.0.0a4) - reliable sockets.
PEAR2_Cache_SHM(0.1.2) - persistent data storage wrapper.
=== Useful tools ===
NetBeans - full featured PHP IDE, as well as a decent code editor for other things.
Fiddler2 - The best free HTTP debugger. Performance tuning, security check, integrity check, custom requests and more, all made easy.
Gobby - That's NOT my Nickname! Look at the topic.

#3 DougArnold

DougArnold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

Remove the styles... RSS is not the place to have styles in.

How? How and where do I do that, please?

I didn't put the code there in the first place.

That is the problem.

Thanks, but unfortunately, that answer was not helpful at all.
Doug

#4 boen_robot

boen_robot

XSLT senior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts
  • Languages:(X)HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Schema, PHP, JavaScript (a little), other XML based...

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

When you say "my client's RSS feed", don't you mean the feed of your client (a person with which you have business relations) - a feed, the source of which you have direct and full access to (i.e. you can not only see it, but edit it)?
The greatest difficulty in programming is not in finding answers, but in asking yourself the right questions. -- If nobody has said it before, then I'd like to take credit of thinking this up (during summer of 2010).
"Complex problems often have the simplest solutions" -- Not sure who said that first.
=== Useful tools ===
NetBeans - full featured PHP IDE, as well as a decent code editor for other things.
Fiddler2 - The best free HTTP debugger. Performance tuning, security check, integrity check, custom requests and more, all made easy.

#5 DougArnold

DougArnold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

When you say "my client's RSS feed", don't you mean the feed of your client (a person with which you have business relations) - a feed, the source of which you have direct and full access to (i.e. you can not only see it, but edit it)?

This is my client's feed:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThePaceOfService

I cannot edit his feed; so, I do not understand your question.

I can see his feed. He is saying that when he shows a "Summary" column for his feed, that CSS code is getting embedded in the "Summary" column.

I am a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff. I'm simply trying to help him get the embedded CSS out of the "Summary" column.

Again, I have no idea how it got there OR how to remove it.

Gratefully,
Doug

#6 boen_robot

boen_robot

XSLT senior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

It looks like the feed was published with feed burner. He needs to take it up with them.

(bottom line is that an edit needs to be made... whoever is in control is responsible for doing it)
=== Useful tools ===

#7 DougArnold

DougArnold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

It looks like the feed was published with feed burner. He needs to take it up with them.

(bottom line is that an edit needs to be made... whoever is in control is responsible for doing it)

Thank you, good sir; I will seek help from the feed burning people.

Gracias,

Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users