• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BaalSacrifice

BaalSacrifice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

I used both the HTML and XML file from the CD tutorial and uploaded it to the server and it does not fetch the information when I click the button. I'm sure it's something simple and I'm overlooking something, but It's frustrating because it's the same exact code and the name for the files are the same as well. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong??

#2 boen_robot

boen_robot

XSLT senior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts
  • Interests:Everything having to do with computers... and science.
  • Languages:(X)HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Schema, PHP, JavaScript (a little), other XML based...

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

How did you download the file?

You should've downloaded it by right clicking on it and selecting "Save Target As..." (or the equivalent in your browser).

If you instead open the file, and select everything on screen, it won't work. The stuff you select also includes some browser specific fluff, such as clickable arrows.

Also, just to clarify, we're talking about this HTML and this XML file, right?
The greatest difficulty in programming is not in finding answers, but in asking yourself the right questions. -- If nobody has said it before, then I'd like to take credit of thinking this up (during summer of 2010).
"Complex problems often have the simplest solutions" -- Not sure who said that first.
=== My projects (all feedback welcomed) ===
XML_XSLT2Processor(0.5.3) - perform XSLT 2.0 transformations in PHP.
PEAR2_Net_Transmitter(1.0.0a4) - reliable sockets.
PEAR2_Cache_SHM(0.1.2) - persistent data storage wrapper.
=== Useful tools ===
NetBeans - full featured PHP IDE, as well as a decent code editor for other things.
Fiddler2 - The best free HTTP debugger. Performance tuning, security check, integrity check, custom requests and more, all made easy.
Gobby - That's NOT my Nickname! Look at the topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users