background transparent

divinedesigns1

hello, i am having a little problem, is there a way to make the background transparent but not the text? i know how to make the background transparent but the text gets transparented also "the text gets transparent also <-- doesnt make sense to me, but i hope you get what im saying" anyway how do i avoid making the text transparent but end up making the background transparent only?

I am just testing my knowledge hehehe

??? apply transparent background, background-color: transparent; remove background color or image ie ALL background: none; EDIT: if you are using opacity, and IE crappy filter blah blah, IT and ALL its child elements become transparent also;

Edited by dsonesuk

ok i think i explained that wrong hehehe, i did

background:#976548;filter:alpha(opacity=20);

but the text opacity went to 20 also 0.o i just wanted the background to change the opacity

Give the container on which you want to use opacity a position: relative;, within that create EMPTY div and and give id ref "trans_bg"

#trans_bg{position: absolute;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0background:#976548;opacity:0.20;filter:alpha(opacity=20);}

you may need to apply z-index: to force this below text.

hello, i am having a little problem, is there a way to make the background transparent but not the text? i know how to make the background transparent but the text gets transparented also "the text gets transparent also <-- doesnt make sense to me, but i hope you get what im saying" anyway how do i avoid making the text transparent but end up making the background transparent only?
You could use rgba
background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);

I don't like creating extra elements for styling if I can avoid it. You can make a 1x1 pixel semi-transparent PNG as a background image if you want to support browsers that don't accept rgba format.

Personally I don't like creating unnecessary bg images, when background-color: with opacity, works just fine! Also works in ALL browsers AND also where i can change transparent colour instantly without the need for creating a new image everytime! But! its just my preference.